[m-dev.] for review: today's meeting minutes

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jan 19 18:26:23 AEDT 2001

On 19-Jan-2001, David Glen JEFFERY <dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> <pre>
> We had a meeting of the Mercury group on Fri Jan 19, 2001,
> from 3:15 4:05pm.

s/3:15 4:05pm/3:15pm to 4:05pm/

> 	Fergus Henderson (fjh):
> 		- Continued working on the new gcc backend. He has been working
> 		  on bug fixes, and integrating the new backend into mmake
> 		  and the rest of the build environment. It does not yet
> 		  bootstrap or pass the tests, bit it works for everything in
> 		  the samples and samples/diff directories (but not for all
> 		  the other subdirectories of samples).

s/bit/but/

In theory it might bootstrap, I just haven't tried yet ;-)

> 	Adrian Pellas-Rice (apell)
> 		- Has worked on implementing a simple version of sequence
> 		  quantification in the compiler. His changes work and
> 		  (seem to) bootstrap, although he hasn't run the tests.
>
> 	Simon Mei (xcsm)
> 		- Added support for user defined generators to quickcheck.
> 		- fjh asked about how useful Simon thought this tool would
> 		  be compared to the Haskell version, and encouraged him to
> 		  think about this and maybe write something about it.

Actually I also wanted to know how useful it would be in general,
not just how it compared to the Haskell version.  So

	s/would be compared/would be, and how it compared/