[m-dev.] configure option(s) to disable different back-ends

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jan 12 18:05:44 AEDT 2001

On 12-Jan-2001, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Actually, I think we should have --enable-aditi-back-end, with
> --disable-aditi-back-end as the default. Simon can switch the default around
> in a Mercury package that goes along with the Aditi release.

We decided earlier that we wanted developers to build the Aditi
version to ensure that they don't commit changes which break it.
I think that reasoning is still valid.  So the default in the CVS
repository really ought to be the other way around.

It would be possible to use different defaults for stuff checked out
from the CVS repository than we use for the source or binary distributions.
But that might be a bit tricky to achieve.