[m-dev.] for review: update text files for 0.10

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 6 01:00:50 AEDT 2001

On 05-Feb-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> >From Fergus Henderson on 05/02/2001 12:33:53
> > On 05-Feb-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Do you want bitmap and hash_table to go in this release?
> >
> > My knee-jerk response is "No!".
>
> Thought it might!  I'll only check them into the main branch.
>
> > > There are a couple of changes in int.m that would be nice, including
> > > func versions/replacements for abs, max and min.
> >
> > That sounds like a great idea.
>
> For the main branch or the release?!

For the main branch of course!

*If* the main branch remains stable, we may end up releasing it.

> I'd also like to change
> std_util__cons into a func - nobody uses it anywhere in the library or
> the compiler or the extras

That's because it is not exported from std_util.m!

> and I've written `func(X, Xs) = [X | Xs]' enough times that it's a pain.

Adding a func std_util__cons to the interface of std_util.m would be
OK with me.