[m-dev.] for review: update text files for 0.10

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 5 22:12:32 AEDT 2001

>From Fergus Henderson on 04/02/2001 03:34:34
> RCS file: /home/mercury1/repository/mercury/NEWS,v
> +HIGHLIGHTS
> +==========
> +
> +Changes to the Mercury language:
> +* We've added support for explicit type quantification.

s/quantification/qualification/?

> +Changes to the Mercury standard library:
> +* We've added several new standard library modules:
> +  - `pprint', for pretty printing.
> +  - `counter', for managing counters.
> +  - `sparse_bitset', an abstract data type for storing sets of integers.
> +  - `enum', a typeclass for types which can be converted to and from
integers.
> +* The `store' module now makes use of existential types.

Do you want bitmap and hash_table to go in this release?  They're ready
to roll.

> +
> +* We've added some new predicates to the Mercury standard library:
> +	array__map/3,
> +	bag__count_value/3,
> +	std_util__do_while/4.

There are more... I'd really like to check in my array changes
adding array__{sort,fold[lr],permutation}.

> +* The following predicates have been replaced by functions with
> +  the same names, and will be removed in a future release.

There are a couple of changes in int.m that would be nice, including
func versions/replacements for abs, max and min.

I can have these things added and checked in today if you like.

Ralph

Ralph Becket      |      MSR Cambridge      |      rbeck at microsoft.com