[m-dev.] how to reduce the time consumed by make install

Terrence Brannon princepawn at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 14 16:03:07 AEST 2001

Make install took more than 1 day and then seemed to take forever on a
file called io.c. My "make" command was completely successful. But I
want to do something to make the "make install" step take much much
less time if possible. What can I do for this? I got the impression
that it was compiling the same things over and over again but with
different grades. So I would be happy to settle for just one grade or
whatever is necessary to have a quick "make install" step.