[m-dev.] Performance of collect

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Mon Sep 25 22:26:40 AEDT 2000

| > |
| > | Yes, but not for tracing -- currently it doesn't support the debugger.
| >
| > Well currently, you can not use the debugger to debug collect programs anyway
| > (it is dynamically linked code). So ...
|
| Currently the MLDS back-end doesn't generate *any* calls to MR_trace().
| So it can't be used for any kind of tracing, whether it be mdb, Morphine,
| the declarative debugger, or collect.

Yes, I have understood that. My idea was to use the LLDS back-end (or whatever
back-end) to compile the Mercury program to be monitored, and to use the MLDS
back-end to compile the monitor (the collect module).

Currently, it seems to be impossible to mix code that have been compiled in
different grades; what are the reasons for that? Do those reasons still hold for
the MLDS back-end?

--
R1.