[m-dev.] Typeclasses and constructor classes.

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 22 17:49:13 AEDT 2000

David Jefferey wrote:

I haven't given much thought about how difficult the implementation is,
though.
I imagine that the analysis part is `not too difficult', but I imagine that
being more lenient in the forms of instance declarations that we allow is
likely to have some significant repercussions on the rest of the system
(particularly on the runtime representations of typeclass infos, and on the
way in which we next type infos inside typeclass infos).
<<< [Outlook strikes again...]

Can you go into more detail?  I was under the impression that the current
system only required that there be no chance of ambiguity.

Ralph Becket      |      MSR Cambridge      |      rbeck at microsoft.com