[m-dev.] for review: centralizing variable names in the debugger

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Sep 22 15:43:48 AEDT 2000

On 21-Sep-2000, Mark Anthony BROWN <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> This change is fine.  I have just a few comments:

I made the changes you requested.

Everyone should note that .c and .o files generated with debugging enabled
before this change are not compatible with the runtime after this change.
This means that anyone who does a cvs update after this change is committed
will need to rebuild any such files. This rebuilding will work only after
the checked-in changes to the compiler are installed, so there will be a
period of a few hours where rebuilding will not work.

I am working on another change, adding a simplified HLDS dump to proc layouts,
which has similar effects. I will therefore add the field required for this
to proc layouts now, with dummy contents, and add the code for computing the
right contents later. This will avoid a second window during which cvs update
should be avoided in workspaces with debugging enabled.

Zoltan.