[m-dev.] diff: fix memory leak in semaphore.m

Peter Ross peter.ross at miscrit.be
Fri Sep 15 01:00:36 AEDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 11:55:39AM +1100, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> On 13-Sep-2000, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> >
> > Found the memory leak!
>
> Great -- BTW, how did you end up finding it?

By the very slow process of elimination until I had the minimal amount
of code which caused the problem.  Then running the debug version of the
collector with backtraces and realising that gc wasn't causing a
problem.  I do remember at an earlier stage, actually looking at the
code for the pthread library implementation, but somehow I managed to
convince my self that I only did a fixed number of mallocs in the code,
so it couldn't be a problem.

> > +:- pragma c_code("
> > +#ifdef CONSERVATIVE_GC
> > +  void finalize_semaphore(GC_PTR obj, GC_PTR cd)
>
> That function should have an `ME_' prefix.

Will do.

Pete