[m-dev.] For review: add my XML parser to the extras

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Sep 5 18:34:14 AEDT 2000

This is fine to add to the extras.

If you are in the mood to improve on it, the suggestions I have are:

	- sample input data for tryit would be nice

	- parsing.m needs to be documented, it would be a useful parser
	  combinator library if anyone could figure out how to use it.

	- the encoding stuff from parsing.m should be in its own module.

	- some inline comments in the tryit example might be nice.

	- the overall design should be documented (making it easier for
	  people to get a grip on it if they wanted to change anything).

	- every exported predicate should be documented

Obviously there's a lot of work there, and almost all of it is
documentation.  But perhaps we can add this as a todo list in the xml
directory.

I have not checked your code against the XML spec.  That's something
else that would be nice.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.