[m-dev.] for review: teeny changes to string.m

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 27 00:03:04 AEDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:08:08PM +1100, Michael Day wrote:

> Some mode issues that were bugging me when trying to avoid making copies
> of strings... is ui properly supported yet? It seems to work.

No, `ui' modes are not yet fully supported.  The reason it works in
this case its that the predicate is implemented using the C
interface, but you won't be able to use it much.

Actually, have you tested the function version of string__length with
`ui' mode?  This shouldn't compile with the current compiler.  (I just
tested it and it doesn't).

David
--
David Overton      Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student        The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia