[m-dev.] [reuse] diff: sr_choice stratergy

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 10 20:36:02 AEDT 2000

On 10-Oct-2000, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> >From Peter Ross on 09/10/2000 17:49:44
> > +
> > +	% The constraint on the cells that we consider available for
> > +	% reuse.
> > +:- type constraint
> > +	--->	same_cons_id
> > +	.
> >
> What's the rationale behind a policy with this constraint, rather than
> just the same (or larger) cell size?

I don't know Peter's reasoning, but for strongly-typed back-ends
such as the MS IL back-end or the future JVM back-end, we will need
to use this constraint, rather than just the same (or larger) cell size.