[m-dev.] Type info convention

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Nov 21 00:33:33 AEDT 2000

On 20-Nov-2000, Nancy Mazur <Nancy.Mazur at cs.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> > I still don't understand why you care which arguments are "hidden"
> > and which are "real", or even what criteria you would use to decide
> > which is which.
>
> I don't care about the hidden... I just want the real ones... the
> ones with which the predicate has been declared and appears in
> interface-files (and not having arity problems and such.. )..

What about procedures which haven't been explicitly declared,
and which don't occur in interface files?
E.g. local predicates with no type declaration;
     procedures introduced for lambda expressions;
     procedures introduced for `promise' declarations;
     procedures introduced for type specialization and other
     optimizations;
     etc.

What do you mean by the "real" arguments in those cases?