[m-dev.] for review: use NULL for empty field types RTTI

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Nov 17 18:47:06 AEDT 2000

On 16-Nov-2000, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> I just had a look at the code in rtti_out.m and the hacks are still
> there.  I guess that they are only now needed for the LLDS backend.

I think they are probably not needed at all.  But I also didn't think
it was worth the effort to remove them.  Taking the code there out
would also require adding documentation to rtti.m to document the
invariant that those arrays not be empty.  Leaving the checks in
rtti_out.m there makes the code more robust against future changes to
the code that generates the RTTI.