[m-dev.] Freeze the compiler

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 13 10:55:38 AEDT 2000

On 10-Nov-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> At a guess this may be because the new code generator is detecting
> some invalid HLDS generated by some earlier phase of the compiler.

The bug is caused by the code generator killing all the variables in the
postdeath set of a call all at once. It should kill the vars needed by the
input args first, then clear the registers, rebuild their state to reflect
the state on return, and then kill all the other vars in the postdeath set.

I have a proposed fix for this, but I have not finished modifying the code
for the other atomic goals yet.

Zoltan.