[m-dev.] Freeze the compiler

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Nov 10 16:12:12 AEDT 2000

On 10-Nov-2000, Simon Taylor <stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Peter Ross wrote:
> > I think it is time to freeze the compiler for the next release.
>
> I think it's probably best to wait until after the Mercury meeting
> next week, so we can discuss what needs to be done before we can
> release. The sparse_bitset changes and type specialization for the
> library should go in the release.

However, if you want to start preparing for a freeze, that would be a
good idea, since we all seem to think one is coming soon.  The compiler
has passed all its tests recently.

The READMEs and other bits and pieces probably need some checking and
updating.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.