[m-dev.] For review: updates to library/rbtree.m

Warwick Harvey wh at icparc.ic.ac.uk
Wed May 17 04:06:41 AEST 2000

Fergus Henderson wrote:
> On 16-May-2000, Warwick Harvey <wh at icparc.ic.ac.uk> wrote:
> > It looks like the problem is *not* in the rbtree module.
>
> OK, in that case do you want to go ahead and commit your rbtree
> changes?  They themselves won't break anything, will they?
> It was only when you changed map to use rbtree rather than
> tree234 that you got a problem, right?

Yup, sure, will do.

> > It looks like
> > the preconditions for map:merge are being violated in the compiler.
> > Specifically: [...]
>
> Thanks for the detailed bug report.

No problem.

Of course, I just noticed the first bit of mail in my Mercury folder
here...  It was a bug report from a couple of weeks ago about how the
docs for map:merge said duplicate keys weren't allowed but that the
implementation didn't enforce this.  :-)  I'd forgotten about that.  If
I'd remembered, it might have made this bug a little easier to find.
:-)  Oh well.

Cheers,
Warwick