[m-dev.] For review: pprint.m - last chance to comment...

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Thu May 4 00:39:24 AEST 2000

> > I obtained the following odd error when doing a
> > remote checkin of the NEWS file:
> >
> > $ cvs commit -F library/PPRINT_ADDED_20000502 NEWS
> > [divers alarums]
>
> For an explanation of this saga, see the cvs log messages
> for the file `CVSROOT/check.pl'.
>
> One possible solution is to use X windows, set your DISPLAY
> environment
> variable, and then use ssh to connect up to remove cvs.

[slaps forehead] Of course!  Why didn't I think of that?!

Er, on the basis that I'm in the middle of something and don't
want to start mucking about with Windows, X servers, connecting
to linux, world peace etc., would someone mind putting this bit
into the NEWS file next time they make a change...

* Added a pretty printing module, `pprint', to the standard library.

Ta,

Ralph