[m-dev.] For review: pprint.m - last chance to comment...

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Wed May 3 20:02:46 AEST 2000

Done.

> > % 3. group(text("Hello ") `<>` nest(2, line `<>` text("world")))
>
> s/2/3/

Done.

> >     % Various bracketing functions.
> >     %
> > :- func bracketed(string, string, doc)  = doc.
> > :- func parentheses(doc)                = doc.
> > :- func brackets(doc)                   = doc.
> > :- func braces(doc)                     = doc.
>
> These should be documented in a little more detail, IMHO.

Done.

> > :- func comma               = doc.
> > :- func semic               = doc.
>
> I suggesting adding a comment explaining the `semic'
> abbreviation:
>
> 	:- func semic               = doc.	% semicolon

Done.  I've also added colon/0, colon_space/0 and colon_space_line/0.

> Otherwise, that looks great -- thanks!

Good stuff - it's checked in!

I would draw your attention to two things.  The first is the comment
in the header about licensing issues:

%
% This file is hereby contributed to the University of
% Melbourne Mercury Project to be released under whatever
% licence the current project management deems fit.
%

You may wish to change/append to this to suit yourselves.

The second is that I obtained the following odd error when doing a
remote checkin of the NEWS file:

$ cvs commit -F library/PPRINT_ADDED_20000502 NEWS
Use of uninitialized value at /home/mercury1/repository/CVSROOT/check.pl
line 14
6.
File `NEWS' appears to have no copyright message

Can't read from your terminal --- you appear to be using remote CVS.
You have no DISPLAY environment variable set so I don't know
how to interact with you.  Sorry.

Will not commit.

cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Ralph Becket      |      MSR Cambridge      |      rbeck at microsoft.com