[m-dev.] special module initialisation code

Thomas Conway conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Mar 21 14:00:12 AEDT 2000

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 12:56:04PM EST, Peter Schachte wrote:
> > One possibility is to add a new pragma, `c_init_code', which is
> > similar to `pragma c_header_code', except that it puts the code inside
> > the `mercury__<module>__init()' function instead of at the top of the
> > .c file.
> >
> > How does this sound?  Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?
>
> I think it would be a bit cleaner if the pragma specified a Mercury goal to
> execute, rather than C code to call.

Well, both are reasonable things to want: C code to execute before there is
an environment in which Mercury can be executed, and Mercury code to be
executed before main/2 is called.

--
 Thomas Conway )O+     Every sword has two edges.
     Mercurian            <conway at cs.mu.oz.au>