[m-dev.] for review: cleanup of type_ctor_infos, part 0

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 1 15:25:19 AEDT 2000

> > 			cell_count 		:: int
> > 					% cell count, passed into code_info
> >  					% and used to generate unique label
> >  					% numbers for constant terms in the
> >  					% generated C code
>
> I think so too; it should be documented in the coding standards
> (unless there are any better suggestions).
>
> On a related note, the coding standard says, "Comments should precede
> the code to which they apply, rather than following it."  This should
> apply to the cell count comment, IMHO.

But in this case, the comment applies to data, not code, and the actual
convention we have followed is that in such cases, the comments follow the
data types. This is because the comments are frequently just part of one
line.

Zoltan.