[m-dev.] Using VC++ 6 with hlc.gc

Peter Ross peter.ross at miscrit.be
Tue Jun 6 20:31:43 AEST 2000

Fergus Henderson, you wrote:
> On 06-Jun-2000, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> >
> > I have a working version of the compiler built, using VC++6 in hlc.gc.
The
> > samples all work (except hello.m, shouldn't be to hard to debug!).

Well it was quite a difficult problem, but Dominique had already solved
it (see runtime/mercury_wrapper.c).

> > I now just need to get all the scripts (ml, mgnuc and so on) working
without
> > errors, and then see how much of the Unix support I have broken.
>
> Great stuff, Pete.
>
> I'd appreciate it if you could send me a diff of what you have now,
> regardless of how incomplete/untested/undocumented/etc. your changes are.
> I'm heading off to Redmond on Thursday, and they could come in handy
> while I'm there.

Here it is!  You need to apply the compiler/mlds_to_c.m patch to generate
acceptable C in the first place, not sure if empty structures are ever
generated at the moment.

I have also attached my lmmake and lmc files which I used to test the
compiler in the samples directory.

Hope it works for you
Pete