[m-dev.] more on cvs and dirs

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 13 17:29:31 AEDT 2000

> first: CVS won't let me add a subdir to a dir I just `cvs add'ed.
> cvs add: cannot mkdir /mercury/extras/curses/sample: No such file or directory

You will need to check out the curses directory explicitly before you can add
to it. The .cvsrc most of us use has entries "checkout -P" and "update -P"
which tell CVS to prune away empty directories, including those just created;
you will need to disable this temporarily. On the other hand, most .cvsrc files
have "-d" for update as well, which tells CVS to add to your workspace any
new directories from the repository; you must keep this.

Zoltan.