[m-dev.] For review: new extras package - curses binding

Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK rejj at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jan 14 18:18:43 AEDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, David Overton wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan, 2000 at 03:40:54PM EST, Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK wrote:
> > +%----------------------------------------------------------------------------%
> > +% Copyright (C) 1994-2000 The University of Melbourne.
> > +% This file may only be copied under the terms of the GNU General
> > +% Public License - see the file COPYING in the Mercury Distribution.
> > +%----------------------------------------------------------------------------%
>
> Would the LGPL be more appropriate for this sort of package (that's
> what we use for the standard library)?

The tcltk binding uses the GPL, as does the OpenGL binding, and... well,
I think everything else in the extras dir.

> > +% This module defines the low-level bindings to the C library for (n)curses.
> > +%
> > +% Please note that this is still a partial binding; it does not provide
> > +% complete curses functionality.
>
> Maybe you could list the main features that are missing.

I just listed the main things that it *does* do in the header, instead.
(n)curses is very large..

> > +
> > +  % Initilise curses. This is used by curse.m, and should not be called by the
> > +  % programmer.
>
> What is curse.m?  I don't see that mentioned anywhere else.

fixed

> You should add `[will_not_call_mercury]' to most of your `pragma c_code's.

fixed

> Apart from that, this looks good.

I'll go commit now, then.

rob