[m-dev.] For review: new extras package - curses binding

David Overton dmo at ender.cs.mu.oz.au
Fri Jan 14 16:32:57 AEDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan, 2000 at 03:40:54PM EST, Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK wrote:
> +%----------------------------------------------------------------------------%
> +% Copyright (C) 1994-2000 The University of Melbourne.
> +% This file may only be copied under the terms of the GNU General
> +% Public License - see the file COPYING in the Mercury Distribution.
> +%----------------------------------------------------------------------------%

Would the LGPL be more appropriate for this sort of package (that's
what we use for the standard library)?

Also, you should make the %-----% lines a few characters shorter so
they don't wrap when quoted in email/diffs like this.

> +% This module defines the low-level bindings to the C library for (n)curses.
> +%
> +% Please note that this is still a partial binding; it does not provide
> +% complete curses functionality.

Maybe you could list the main features that are missing.

> +
> +  % Initilise curses. This is used by curse.m, and should not be called by the
> +  % programmer.

What is curse.m?  I don't see that mentioned anywhere else.

> +
> +:- pragma c_code(init(IO0::di, IO::uo), "
> +{
> +	WINDOW *w;
> +	w = initscr();
> +	noecho();
> +	cbreak();
> +	keypad(w, TRUE);
> +	IO = IO0;
> +}
> +").

You should add `[will_not_call_mercury]' to most of your `pragma c_code's.

Apart from that, this looks good.

David
--
David Overton       Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student         The University of Melbourne, Australia