[m-dev.] Mercury tags in C (was: tests in tests/debugger/declarative failed)

David Glen JEFFERY dgj at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 16 16:23:43 AEDT 2000

On 16-Feb-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > So far the only types I've discovered which use hard-coded tags in C are
> > `list/1' and `comparison_result' (found just yesterday :-).  It looks like
> > there are some more in `trace/mercury_trace_declarative.h', which should be
> > straightforward to fix now that I know about them.  Can anybody think of any
> > others off the top of their head?
>
> There are quite a few places where we assume that enumerations will
> be represented the same in Mercury as they are in C.

MCORBA does so too. (I guess it doesn't *need* to, but it simplifies things
greatly).

dgj
--
David Jeffery (dgj at cs.mu.oz.au) | If your thesis is utterly vacuous
PhD student,                    | Use first-order predicate calculus.