[m-dev.] profiling

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 8 13:49:43 AEDT 2000

On 08-Feb-2000, Robert_William HUTTON <rwh at ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> When compiling with the compiler in
> /home/mercury/public/mercury-latest/alpha-dec-osf3.2/bin I get the
> following linking error.
> murlibobo /home/mercury1/rwh/ws1/mercury/samples 161> mmc -p cat.m
> /bin/ld:
> Unresolved:
> MR_address_of_trace_interrupt_handler
> MR_grade_v2_asm_fast_gc_prof_tags2

This is due to the /home/mercury0 file system running out of space.
It ran out of space mid-way through installation,
and the result was that a new version of the compiler
and the libraries for the default grade (asm_fast.gc)
were installed, but the libraries for the other grades
are still an older version.

This should go away as soon as people reduce their
disk usage on /home/mercury0 enough for the nightly
installation to complete.