[m-dev.] for review: add structure reuse information to LLDS

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat Feb 26 18:01:32 AEDT 2000

On 13-Jan-2000, Simon Taylor <stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Zoltan, could you please review this.
> It's pretty trivial.
>
> Simon.
>

> Estimated hours taken: 2
>
> Add information required for structure reuse and compile time garbage
> collection to the LLDS. The code generator does not yet generate
> this information.

Hi,

That change looks fine to me.

BTW, I noticed that this change was committed without any notice,
other than this "for review:" post, being posted to mercury-developers.
I would appreciate it if, in such situations, a brief note was posted
to mercury-developers.  If you're reasonably confident that a change
won't cause problems, then it's fine to commit without waiting for
a review, especially if the reviewer(s) are taking a long time.
But please just let us know.  This is helpful because it means that
reviewers can adjust their priorities accordingly.

For this particular case, I can imagine that it is also quite possible
that someone reviewed the code and let you know verbally.  In cases
like that, please post a note to mercury-developers, so that other
potential reviewers will know that it has been reviewed.