[m-dev.] for review: change default stack size

Robert Jeschofnik rejj at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Dec 14 21:34:49 AEDT 2000

On 14-Dec-2000, Mark Anthony BROWN <dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Fergus Henderson writes:
> > The major drawback of this change is that it might break
> > some user's programs.  Comments?
>
> If you do make this change, it would be worth mentioning (e.g. in NEWS)
> that some user programs may break, and that the previous behaviour can
> be retained by having the limit set in the MERCURY_OPTIONS environment
> variable whenever the compiled program is run.

Should perhaps the size of the nondet stack also be looked into? Is it also
much larger than is typically used? ("typically" little nondet code is used
at all, I know... but when it is, is the current size an adequate estimation?)

I just thought it may be worth looking into, "while you're at it".

rob