[m-dev.] for review: trailing for the MLDS back-end

Robert Jeschofnik rejj at students.cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Dec 14 13:58:35 AEDT 2000

On 14-Dec-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 14-Dec-2000, Robert Jeschofnik <rejj at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:

> > This also shouldn't hinder bootchecking, unless there are nondet pragma
> > foreig_code's in the compiler, which I am going to guess that there are not.
>
> There are nondet pragma foreign_code's in the standard library,
> and the standard library is compiled with --halt-at-warn.

I wonder if in that case it would be useful to add another class of messages
that the compiler can issue, along with warnings and errors. Does anyone
think it would be a good idea to add `informational' messages - something
it would be desirable to wave in the users face at compile-time, yet not
something that should cause compilation to halt if --halt-at-warn is set?

Rob