[m-dev.] bootcheck failed -- backing out cse_detection change

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Dec 6 23:04:03 AEDT 2000

Sometime on Tuesday, someone committed a change which broke
the compiler; the version in cvs no longer bootstraps,
instead failing in stage 3, with the compiler reporting
spurious mode errors.

The only changes committed on Tuesday were Zoltan's and my
changes to add `MR_' prefixes, and Zoltan's change to
cse_detection.  It seems unlikely that the `MR_' prefix
ones are the cause of the problem, so I think the cse_detection
change is probably the one.  I'll back out that change and
we'll see how the bootcheck goes tonight.

Estimated hours taken: 0.5

compiler/cse_detection.m:
	Back out Zoltan's recent change, since I think it broke the
	compiler -- the symptom is that the stage 2 compiler was
	reporting spurious mode errors when building the stage 3
	compiler.