[m-dev.] for review: resolving ambiguity in the mdb "break" command

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Aug 25 19:36:13 AEST 2000

On 25-Aug-2000, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > +Which do you want to put a breakpoint on (0-1 or *)? *
> >   0: + stop  interface pred breakpoints:data/1-0 (det)
> > + 1: + stop  interface func breakpoints:data/1-0 (det)
>
> That change looks good.  I have just one small suggestion: I think it
> might be nicer to number the matches starting from 1 rather than from 0.

I thought of that; in fact, my first implementation was like that. However,
when I tested it, I saw that the rest of the breakpoint system numbered things
starting from zero (e.g. the first breakpoint you get is breakpoint 0), so
I changed the new stuff to do likewise.

Maybe we should change things so that breakpoints and everything else are
numbered from 1, just like events are. However, that would be a separate
change.

Zoltan.