[m-dev.] Ordered conjunction

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Sat Aug 26 17:08:08 AEST 2000

> From: David Overton [mailto:dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU]
>
> IMHO, the syntax chosen for the operator should be more suggestive
> that this is an ordered conjunction.  How about `&>'?  (IIRC this is
> syntax Zoltan used for ordered conjunction in Ptah).

Ugh (sorry, Zoltan.)  It occurrs to me that just `&' would do, as it
appears to be unused right now.  But anything we pick is going to be
sufficiently distinct from `,' that it'll be obvious that something
special is going on.  The reason I suggested `&&' was that in C etc.
it implements short-circuit left-to-right conjunction, which is what
we want.

Ralph