[m-dev.] Suggestions for mdb

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Aug 24 15:45:38 AEST 2000

On 24-Aug-2000, Robert Jeschofnik <rejj at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:

> I think it is a very good idea, however this seems like a bit of a hack. If
> that is the way that you have to implement it, that's fine... just don't make
> the user have to do "browse ... quit" in their rc file. Instead, make it
> implied - if an rc file exists then call browse on a dummy term, execute all
> the commands contained in the .mdbrc, then quit the browser.

Well, that doesn't work, because the commands in the .mdbrc are
mdb commands, not browser commands.

We could have a separate .mdb_browser_rc file I suppose, but that is
not very elegant either.

I think I have a better idea: how about just allowing the browser
"set" command to be used at the mdb prompt?