[m-dev.] web site

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Aug 11 17:40:30 AEST 2000

On 11-Aug-2000, Thomas Conway <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed that we've been having problems with the web-site.

I think most of those problems have been due to fairly simple things
like running out of disk space, not invoking htdig with the right
parameters, forgetting to check the return value of the htdig commands
that create the database (that was the worst one -- it meant that
any time anything went wrong, we kept on installing a corrupt database
over the old previously working database), and so forth.

Hopefully these problems are all now fixed, and so barring further
hardware failure things should be fine now, at least until we next run
out of disk space.

At any rate, I think Tyson, myself and Peter Ross have built up some
expertise with htdig at this point, and given that htdig does do what
we want, I don't think it would be worthwhile for us to start from
scratch with a new product.

Cheers,
	Fergus.