[m-dev.] special module initialisation code

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 4 17:02:24 AEST 2000

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 05:39:32PM +1000, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> Could you please post the code for the module in question?
> Sometimes I find it easier to reason about the trade-offs for
> this kind of thing when there is a concrete example in front of me.
>
> It doesn't need to be in ready-to-review form, a pre-review
> preview would be fine.

I've attached the files bryant.c and bryant.h.  The initialisation
occurs in the function initRep() and I have added a class bryant_init
which calls this function in its constructor.

Peter: AFAICT after looking through all the macro definitions, the
first time initRep() is called it just sets a whole lot of static
variables to 0.  Since these variables should be automatically
initialised to zero anyway, is there any reason why the initial call
to initRep() is needed?

David
--
David Overton      Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student        The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia