[m-dev.] for review: new ports for the declarative debugger

Mark Anthony BROWN dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 22 15:04:59 AEST 1999

Fergus Henderson writes:

> On 14-Sep-1999, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> >
> > Add four new ports: entering the condition of an if-then-else, entering a
> > negation, and leaving a negation via success or failure. If --trace-decl
> > is enabled, generate these events, which the declarative debugger needs
> > in order to properly delimit negated contexts (which should cause a switch
> > from wrong answer to missing answer diagnosis and vice versa).
>
> That change broke all the test cases in tests/debugger/declarative,
> presumably because the event numbers don't match up with what
> they used to be anymore.
>
> Could you please fix that?

I asked Zoltan to commit the changes even though they break the
test cases.  I am in the process of making corresponding
changes to the declarative debugging back end, so the tests will
need to be fixed after that anyway.  My plan was to disable the
tests for a few days, and reinstate them after I had completed
my changes.

Unfortunately, I forgot to disable the tests yesterday.  I'll do
it now.

Cheers,
Mark
--
Mark Brown, PhD student            )O+  |  "Another of Fortran's breakthroughs
(m.brown at cs.mu.oz.au)                   |  was the GOTO statement, which was...