[m-dev.] gdb and Mercury

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Tue Oct 26 05:14:50 AEST 1999

Are there any particular options that are needed to be able to use gdb to debug
Mercury program on sparcs?

Because it does not work for me:

	$mmc --trace deep --c-debug queens
	$ mdb gdb ./queens
	GNU gdb 4.17
	This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.4"...
	(gdb) break MR_trace_event_external
	Function "MR_trace_event_external" not defined.

And this is working well on x86/Linux.

I can't use the Linux installation neither because to be able to debug the
dynamic linking stuff, I need to use the following options:

	$mmc --trace deep --c-debug --pic-reg --link-flags --shared queens

And then I have the same problems (Function "MR_trace_event_external" not defined) ...

--
R1.