[m-dev.] trailing

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Nov 23 06:57:33 AEDT 1999

On 22-Nov-1999, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> p.s. Any chance of tr_store making it into the standard library?  It's
> invaluable for this sort of thing.

The only way that would happen is if we figure out a way
to implement trailing with very little or no overhead if you
don't use it.  Currently trailing has significant "distributed fat",
and most programs don't need trailing and thus don't want to pay
the cost.

However, I suppose we could make a "standard trailing library"
that gets installed with the standard library for trailing grades.