[m-dev.] Suggestion: ^C throws an exception

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Sat Nov 20 01:53:16 AEDT 1999

It occurred to me when using the debugger, after I'd accidentally printed
out
a huge term for the second time, that some way to catch ^C signals would be
very useful (all the Prolog debuggers I've used have this facility).

Would it be possible to put in a signal handler that caught ^C and issued an
exception in the context of the main thread?  This could then be used e.g.
in the debugger to terminate printing of large terms (I suspect that turning
paging on would be another good solution, but that doesn't solve the case
when you want to interrupt, say, an interactive query).

Ralph