[m-dev.] for review: fix bug with quantification & instmap deltas

Simon Taylor stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jun 11 15:18:43 AEST 1999

> > The alias branch will need a different
> > fix because instmap_delta_restrict doesn't work with aliasing. It's probably
> > necessary to run recompute_instmap_delta every time a goal is requantified
> > after mode analysis.
>
> Ouch -- that sounds expensive.
>
> Could you remind me why instmap_delta_restrict doesn't work with aliasing?

It was removed when Andrew changed the instmap representation
(instmap.m revision 1.15.2.15). Unfortunately he was a bit slack
with the log message on that change, so there isn't anything
written down describing the reason.

I think it had something to do with the fact that with alias tracking
a goal can update the insts of variables that are not in its nonlocal set.
David and Andrew would know more about this than I do.

Simon.