[m-dev.] Building w/ Cygwin

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 7 12:17:41 AEST 1999

On 06-Jul-1999, Bryce Dooley <thecrow at cyberdude.com> wrote:
> #include "newbie.darn"

Hi, and welcome.

You should consider using

:- import_module newbie.

> Hi all,
>   I was trying to build under Cygwin-b20 and when I
> run the following command line:
>   sh configure
>
>   I get:
>     configure:  error:  can not run ./config.sub
>
> Anyone ran into this one?

I suspect you need to have sh.exe in your path.  Best to put it into
/bin and make sure /bin is in your path.  You can set $PATH from the
batch file that runs the cygnus shell, or from your .bashrc (but to
use .bashrc that you need to set $HOME anyway).

These lines are in my batch file:

SET PATH=c:\utils\cygnus\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\bin;c:\bin;%PATH%
SET HOME=D:\HOME\TYSON\

In my .bashrc I add a patch to my local installation of Mercury.

If you are building from scratch it is be worthwhile applying the
patch in the README.MS-Windows file.

> Are there any already built win32 binaries posted on
> the web?

ftp://ftp.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/pub/mercury/mercury-0.8.1.pc-windows-cygwin-b20.1.tar.gz

But you will still need to get cygwin setup to use the build
environment.

Tyson.