for review: Mercury Coding Challenge

Peter Ross petdr at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Jan 12 12:26:30 AEDT 1999

For anyone to review.  Please also have a look at the tar file.
Note this has all been adapted from the 257 project, which was the same
game but written in Haskell.  Once every one is happy I will post this
to mercury-users

Pete.
----

To celebrate the release of Mercury 0.8, the Mercury team is pleased to
announce a Mercury Coding Challenge.  The purpose of this challenge is
to allow you to gain some experience using the new features of 0.8 and
for us to gain a sample program using typeclasses.  So if we like your
solution you will be immortalised forever in the samples directory of
the Mercury distribution.

The challenge consists of implementing a server and players for the game
battleships.  For more information download battleships.tar.gz from
~petdr/merc (this will change after the review)

The Mercury Team.
<http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/mercury/>