[m-dev.] 0.9 binary release woe

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Dec 24 13:53:20 AEDT 1999

On 23-Dec-1999, Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK <rejj at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just grabbed the binary release for 0.9
> (mercury-0.9.i686-pc-linux-libc2.1-gnu.tar.gz), and received the following
> error upon attempting to install:
>
> -- Installing Emacs lisp scripts in
> /usr/local/mercury-0.9/lib/mercury/elisp
> test -d /usr/local/mercury-0.9/lib/mercury/elisp || mkdir -p
> /usr/local/mercury-0.9/lib/mercury/elisp
> cp  /usr/local/mercury-0.9/lib/mercury/elisp
> cp: missing destination file
> Try `cp --help' for more information.
> make: *** [install_emacs_scripts] Error 1
>

> looks like that cp is missing some vital info - like the file it is
> supposed to be copying.

Yes, there are a few problems with the binary distribution.  It seems
the binary distribution is always a bit of a bugbear come release time.

You have the right fix for this (which is the major problem).  There's
one more major problem under Windows, and a few other bug fixes that
will be rolled up into 0.9.1 pretty soon.

Fergus, would you like me to do a 0.9.1 release?  I think it would be a
good idea to let someone else lean the ropes anyway.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't eveyone's cup of fur.