[m-dev.] for review: update error messages in typecheck.m to use stuff from error_util.m

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 23 15:50:26 AEDT 1999

On 22-Dec-1999, Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK <rejj at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> typecheck.m:
>         Begin changing the generation of error messages to use the
>         functionality provided by error_util.m

I think that looks fine so far.

If we implement the option to delay errors until runtime,
then having error messages as strings would be very helpful,
because then we can also use the same error messages in the
arguments to error/1 if such code is encountered at runtime.

So yes, I think this is worth doing.