[m-dev.] for review: update alias branch

David Overton dmo at hydra.cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Dec 22 15:01:01 AEDT 1999

On Wed, 22 Dec, 1999 at 12:39:36PM EST, Simon Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> David Overton, could you please review this.
>

> +	% Various optimizations which don't yet work on the alias branch.
> +	globals__io_set_option(optimize_higher_order, bool(no)),
> +	globals__io_set_option(user_guided_type_specialization, bool(no)),
> +	globals__io_set_option(type_specialization, bool(no)),
> +	globals__io_set_option(deforestation, bool(no)),

Have you tried deforestation lately?  I think it should work now, although
I can't remember for sure.

Apart from this and the other suggestions by Peter and Peter this look good.
Thanks for doing this, Simon.

David
--
David Overton       Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student         The University of Melbourne, Australia