[m-dev.] opium-m and 0.9

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Tue Dec 21 07:13:43 AEDT 1999

Fergus wrote:
| On 20-Dec-1999, Erwan Jahier <Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr> wrote:
| > Replace all occurrences of Opium-M by Morphine in The Mercury files.
| >
| > configure.in:
| > trace/mercury_trace_external.c:
| > 	Replace Opium-M	by Morphine.
|
| That looks good, Erwan.
| Could you please commit this change, on both the main branch
| and the version-0_9_x branch?
|
| The simplest way of doing that is probably as follows:
|
| 	# first commit it on the version-0_9_x branch
| 	cvs commit -rversion-0_9_x
|
| 	# then merge the change onto the main branch
| 	cvs update -A -jversion-0_9_x:yesterday -jversion-0_9_x \
| 		configure.in trace/mercury_trace_external.c
| 	cvs diff	# check that you've merged them properly
| 	cvs commit

I have done that.

But afterwards, I noticed (by doing a cvs diff -u -rversion-0_9_x) that the
changes I have commited on the dev branch last week (the end of the Opium-M/
Morphine renaming change) were not present in 0_9_x. I suppose it is because I
committed that change after you created the 0_9_x branch.

So what should I do to merge those changes properly?
Would a
	cvs commit -m "Merge the version-0_9_x and the development branch"
	-r version-0_9_x
	[from a working directory which is up-to-date with the dev branch]
look fine to you?

--
R1.