[m-dev.] a bug in the trace system ?

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 16 06:06:12 AEDT 1999

On 15-Dec-1999, Erwan Jahier <Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr> wrote:
> I have downloaded the prerelease and installed it
> (BTW, it works fine on sparc).
>
> But my regression tests fail; the port are sometimes wrong. For example,
> pragma_nondet_first events are generated instead of switch.
>
> While I was trying to find why, I realized that the MR_trace_port enum of
> runtime/mercury_trace_base.h and browser/util.m are not matching whereas they
> should !!

This is a bug introduced in Zoltan's recent change to
runtime/mercury_trace_base.h.  I'll commit a fix for that shortly.

> The exception port seems to be in the wrong place.
> The strange thing is that mdb behaves correctly! (???).

The standard mdb doesn't use the enum in browser/util.m.
It's only used by browser/debugger_interface.m (for the external debugger)
and browser/declarative_debugger.m (for the declarative debugger).