[m-dev.] spypoints in external debugger

Gregory Daniel Denehy gdenehy at cs.monash.edu.au
Mon Aug 30 12:04:23 AEST 1999

Hi,

This question is probably directed to Erwin and Fergus.  I'm looking at
including support for spypoints in the graphical debugger, but the
external debugger doesn't appear to support it.  It's possible for me to
check spypoints against events within the graphical debugger, however,
this presents the obvious communications and processing overheads involved
with retrieving every event from the external debugger.  Looking through
the source code it appears that the external debugger could probably
support spypoints, which would be more appropriate for my purposes.

Is it possible to add support for spypoints to the external debugger, and
how much work would be involved?  And if so, is anyone willing to
implement it?  I could possibly try it myself, but I'm not confident that
I could do it with my time constraints, and I've little knowledge of the
source code.

Thanks

Greg