[m-dev.] for review: MLDS code generator design

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Aug 5 09:39:36 AEST 1999

On 03-Aug-1999, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> The following comments document the algorithms that I intend
> to use for generating conjunction, disjunction, if-then-else,
> and commits in the HLDS->MLDS code generator.
>
> This algorithm generates nice high-level code;
> apart from the throw or longjmp used for commits,
> the generated code does not contain any gotos ;-)
>
> I'd appreciate it if someone (Zoltan, Tom, and Tyson spring to mind ;-)
> could review this before I get too far down the track of implementing it.

This is good stuff.  I've tried writing some hand examples in C++ that
use some of these techniques.

It would be a good idea to explain what the notation means a little more
(e.g. do and &&) and how you expect continuations to work.

But as it stands this technique looks ok.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't eveyone's cup of fur.